Attorney | Mediator
Attorney and mediator Carmina K. Hirsch (formerly Carmina K. Tessitore) utilizes a multi-faceted approach to problem solving in order to achieve the best possible outcome for her clients.
Click Here For Client Testimonials.
Carmina is a Connecticut Bar Foundation James W. Cooper Fellow. Carmina has been rated a Super Lawyers Connecticut Rising Star for seven consecutive years, has been recognized as a ’10 Best’ and ’10 Best Under 40′ for Client Satisfaction in Connecticut by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, recognized as a ‘Top 40 Under 40’ of Family Lawyers in the State of Connecticut by the American Society of Legal Advocates, received the Avvo ‘Client’s Choice’ Award for divorce attorney 2015-2016, was honored by the Connecticut Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Section with the ‘Leadership Award’ in 2015, and honored by the National Association of Professional Women for Outstanding Excellence and Dedication to Her Profession and the Achievement of Women 2013-2014.
Carmina serves as Special Master in the Fairfield J.D. and Ansonia/Milford J.D. She also serves as an Adjunct Professor of Law at Quinnipiac University School of Law in North Haven, and develops curriculum for and presents at CLE and seminars/workshops for state and regional bar associations and other organizations on the topics of divorce, custody, alimony, child support, mediation/alternative dispute resolution, legal business marketing, and law practice management.
Carmina contributes print and blog articles to legal and non-legal publications: her primer “Divorce Mediation: Mediating Financial Disputes” was published in Connecticut Lawyer magazine (get your copy via link on our homepage); she is a featured author in A Practical Guide to Divorce in Connecticut (get your copy via link on our homepage – 1st Ed. published 2014; 2nd Ed. published 2018).
Carmina is a member of the Milford Bar Association, the Greater Bridgeport Bar Association, and as a member of the Connecticut Bar Association she serves as Chair of the CBA’s Court Visitation Program for the Stamford/Norwalk J.D./G.A. and on the Presidential Fellows Task Force.
- United States District Court, District of Connecticut 2013
- Connecticut 2008
- Fitness Instructor Training Academy (F.I.T.A.), Group Fitness Instructor 2019
- Guardian Ad Litem (GAL) & Attorney for the Minor Child (AMC) 2011
- Victim-Offender Mediation 2004
- Family, Parenting Plan, Custody & Visitation Mediation 2004
- Civil Mediation 2004
- Paralegal 2001
- Albany Law School 2008
- Russell Sage College 2003
Serving New Haven County & Fairfield County Connecticut:
- Bridgeport, Shelton, Milford, Orange, Woodbridge, Stratford, Trumbull, Monroe, New Haven, West Haven, Bethany, Ansonia, Derby, Oxford, Seymour, Waterbury, Danbury
Our Unique Approach:
- Every matter can be resolved in a way that minimizes the cost and stress of protracted litigation.
- We utilize negotiation, mediation, and litigation to reach your goals efficiently and cost effectively.