Serving New Haven and Fairfield Counties

Post Judgment Attorney

Attorney For Post Judgment

Post Judgment Attorney

Post Judgment Attorney in Ansonia, Milford, Orange, Stratford, Seymour, Oxford, Woodbridge, Bethany, Woodbury, Southbury, Waterbury, Shelton, Bridgeport, Fairfield, Trumbull, Monroe, New Haven, Hamden, North Haven, North Branford, Branford, Westport, Wilton, Weston, Easton, Norwalk, Darien, New Canaan, Stamford, Greenwich.

Once a divorce decree is granted you are bound by its terms, but issues like alimony awards, child custody arrangements, and child support amounts can potentially be modified post-judgment if the requesting party meets the test of “substantial change in circumstances.” There may also be grounds for post-judgment contempt if one of the parties fails to comply with the terms of a court’s order, for example by willfully denying visitation rights or by failing to pay alimony or child support in a timely manner.

Judges will not undo the terms of your divorce post-judgment. However, there are instances where a modification is appropriate or a contempt matter necessary. A competent attorney can advise you on what route to pursue and the nuances in the law required to prevail on same.

While there may be limits on discovery and other proceedings in a post-judgment hearing, an attorney knows how to provide the judge with critical information that may lead to achieving reasonable client goals.

In matters of divorce and family law, Carmina (Tessitore) Hirsch has been recognized by her peers as one of Connecticut’s top attorneys. She has been named a “Super Lawyers Connecticut Rising Star” consistently since 2014 and is published in legal and non-legal publications, including Connecticut Lawyer Magazine. If you live in Milford, New Haven, Waterbury, Bridgeport, Westport, Danbury or Monroe, or any of the surrounding communities, contact her today to schedule your consultation.

    Ask Carmina a question!