Serving New Haven and Fairfield Counties

Contempt Attorney

Contempt Attorney

Contempt Attorney in Ansonia, Milford, Orange, Stratford, Seymour, Oxford, Woodbridge, Bethany, Woodbury, Southbury, Waterbury, Shelton, Bridgeport, Fairfield, Trumbull, Monroe, New Haven, Hamden, North Haven, North Branford, Branford, Westport, Wilton, Weston, Easton, Norwalk, Darien, New Canaan, Stamford, Greenwich.

Any party who violates a court order during the pendente lite phase (or pendency of a divorce) or who does so post-judgment (or after the completion of a divorce) can be held in contempt. The punishment for such a violation may be quite severe; these include fines, penalties, reimbursement of attorneys fees and costs to the other party, and even the risk of incarceration.

The fact that your ex-spouse has been late in making a court-ordered child support or alimony payment does not mean that he or she is immediately going to jail. If an agreement is not reached to resolve the contempt before a hearing takes place, the court will look to evidence and testimony when determining whether the order was clear and unambiguous and whether the conduct in violating the order was willful, and then issue a decision as to outcome.

Dealing with the ins and outs of contempt proceedings generally requires the advice and assistance of counsel. Attorney Carmina (Tessitore) Hirsch is recognized by her attorney peers and clients as one of the best divorce and family law lawyers in the state of Connecticut. She can help you navigate the court process to reach your goals in a timely and cost efficient manner.

Carmina is available for consultation to all residents of New Haven County and Fairfield County, including its major cities of Westport, Bridgeport, Danbury, Stamford, Milford, New Haven, Waterbury and nearby localities. If you are involved in a contempt proceeding in New Haven County or Fairfield County, Carmina is the ideal attorney to help you fight for your rights. Contact her today.

    Ask Carmina a question!